SMALL BACKYARD PATIO EXTENSION
The back of our house was definitely lacking when we moved in. We loved the fact that we had a covered patio but it just wasn’t big enough. Scott loves to grill (we do have a recipe website after all!) and his grill and table took up half of the patio!
We decided we would extend our patio. We received a lot of different estimates for many different materials. In the end, we decided to extend the patio with an additional concrete section. I didn’t want existing concrete with pavers on the new portion and I also didn’t want to pay to put pavers over the existing concrete. Right after having the patio poured we were set on staining or painting it but we haven’t found anything that has great reviews yet.
We hired someone to do the concrete work but we did the landscaping (adding of the island) and the arbor to hold the lights by ourselves (with the help of an awesome neighbor!).
Below I’ll explain everything that is pictured. I hope this helps you with your future patio extension/makeover. Next on my list is a Catio for our cats (Rambo and Lucky) but haven’t talked Scott into that yet. 😉
- 3 Double Knockout Roses (Costco)
- 3 Ornamental Grasses (Lowe’s)
- 1 Red Emperor Japenese Maple (local garden store)
- 1 Dwarf Horstmann Blue Atlas Cedar (local garden store)
- 2 Lavender (Costco) – These died and since it’s fall I’ve put mums in the holes. I plan on planting Sunshine Ligustrum in the spring.
- 1 Rosemary (Costco)
- Mondo Grasses (local garden store)
- Crepe Myrtle (existing)
- 4 Large Landscaping Rocks (local garden store)
- Uplighting for Trees (Amazon)
- Island Lighting (Home Depot)
- Outdoor Fan (Costco)
- Patio String Lights (Costco)
- Cable for String Lights (Amazon)
- Home Depot
- Hampton Bay Lemon Grove Dining Table with Wicker Chairs
- Hampton Bay West Park Loveseat
- Hampton Bay West Park Coffee Table
- Sam’s Club
- Fire Pit Table
- Teak Rocking Chairs
- Storage Side Table
- Elephant Throw Pillows (Sam’s Club)
- Authentic Snowshoes (auction)
- “Escape the Indoors” Sign (custom made by my friend) – We use this to cover up the TV wall mount when not in use.
Below are some of the progress pictures:
You can also sign up to receive our free email newsletter!5